Monday, August 23, 2010

Simply Tropical Fantasy Salad


It's 5:30 pm and I have been working for 12 hours.

It seems like years have passed in this one day.

The fluorescent lighting has cooked my outer layers and hardened me at the core.

I feel like a microwaved frozen-burrito, oddly tough and pasty on the outside and frozen in the middle.

A cup of coffee would melt my icy interior, but the Starbucks has long since closed and my gut has exceeded the capacity limit for burnt office blend.

The sun outside is like a model in a magazine, a voiceless, odorless, temperature-less, tease for the imagination.

I try to get pulled in by it, but the central air fights back hard, and soon I surrender to pitiful begging.

Please sunshine, don't go home before I get out of here!

Simply Tropical Fantasy Salad
cube a local seedless watermelon into odd geometric shapes
sprinkle with lime zest and shredded coconut
sit back and enjoy!

Christina's vote: "a vacation at home"

1 comment:

  1. "I try to get pulled in by it--but the central air fights back hard"--soo good Emily--so, so good!

    ReplyDelete